By Carol Revalee

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Journal

I went to a workshop today on making Journals.  It was my first time doing so in our "Scrapbook It" shop here in town.  There was about a dozen of us girls there and I loved the conversations.  I have been so isolated it seems since I quit work.  I am hoping to go at least once a month.  The price will be between 10 - 20 dollars and it will get me out of the house. I had most of the working materials: brushes, paints, gesso and cutter, more then what I thought I would have had.  She is going to do a new project each month.  I am so excited about this.  I like card making and scrapbooking but I love doing mixed media.

I have a wish list for a dryer and inks..  great birthday present I think LOL.

 So here is I made.

Front

Back


2 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

Carol, this is amazing, I love things like this, guess I need to try and get some gesso.

I do believe you found your nitch for crafting.

Hugs, Lori

Carol R said...

Gesso just gives the paper texture. I also used some paste to mix the red to make a very thick medium. Then I used nail polish remover and stencil to remove paint. I used acrylic paints for my color. Oh I had to barrow ink and stamp to do the grass.